Friday, July 15, 2011

2011 Madison County Fair - Part II

While Cara was exhibiting in 4-H at the county fair, I was exhibiting in the open class division. I took 33 entries to the fair which may be the most I have ever taken to the fair. I took 15 baking entries, 16 floral entries and 2 craft entries. These photos are of some of the flowers that I took to the fair. I placed on all of my floral entries which was very good. You never know what is going to be blooming until the morning of the fair and you go outside to start picking flowers for vases.

Some of these petunias, verbena and day lilies went to the fair. I took pink, burgundy, peach and yellow day lilies to the fair. If I would have had one more day, I also would have entered Easter lilies. But they didn't start to bloom until the morning after the fair started.


These pink snapdragons and the peach roses also were exhibited.


This hanging basket of petunias and some of these jumping violas went also.


I always snip off part of the vine and flowering clematis to exhibit.


The big pot of sweet potato vine and petunias, the smaller pot of the salmon geraniums and bocopa, and some of the dianthus carnations also went to the fair.


In baking, I took six kinds of cookies, three kinds of cake, two kinds of yeast bread and a few other baked items.


Cara also took some leftover baked goods to open class. All three of the girls exhibited a few school art projects as well. It was a good year at the fair.


Take care,

Michelle










No comments:

Post a Comment