Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Burn Fat Burn!!!


I am tired of being the weight that I am. At 5'3", you are NOT supposed to weigh what I weigh. I will not say how much I weigh because I am ashamed to say it out loud. The only time I weigh this much is when I am pregnant and I am definitely NOT pregnant. My baby is 2 years old and it is time for this excess weight to come off. I am not comfortable at this weight and I have decided to lose 20 pounds. My mind and my goal are set!

Therefore, for the last 10 days, I have been going to the YMCA and burning off calories. Justin and I drop the girls off at school and then we head for the Y. Justin goes to the babysitting room and I either head upstairs to the weight machines or elliptical machine or I take a Zumba class. This is the one hour a day that I take for myself.

I love Zumba!!! It is an exercise class to Latin dance music. It combines dance moves with exercise. I attend the class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and the class lasts one hour. I cannot begin to count how many lunges, squats and ab crunches you do in that hour. But, my mantra through the whole class is BURN FAT BURN! When I feel like giving up and taking it easy in the class, I repeat that mantra. The instructor is awesome and pushes you to the limit. I leave that class with sweat dripping from my hair and my shirt soaked from sweat, but I feel like I have accomplished something.

I want to become slimmer, more toned, and healthier. I don't want a square box figure anymore. I want my hourglass figure back (at least I think I used to have one). I want to see a waist. Therefore, I am paying careful attention to everything that goes into my mouth. For breakfast I am eating oatmeal and that is definitely NOT my favorite. I have a snack after exercising and then a light lunch. For supper I eat what is prepared for the family, but NO second helpings and I am trying to watch my portion sizes. I am trying to make a greater effort to eat more fruits and vegetables and NO in between meal snacks. I have cut way back on the sweets, chips and pop.

Please let this work! I just keep saying BURN FAT BURN!!!

Take care,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Michelle! I am constantly battling my weight too. I've heard that Zumba is so much fun! Will have to check and see if my local Y offers it.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It is a constant battle, but it sounds like you are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely relate to this post! I would kill to get some excess baby weight off that has been hanging around wayyyy too long!

    Zumba sounds like sooo much fun! Enjoy your new diet and exercise routine!

    ReplyDelete