Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine's Day Wreath

I don't have very much Valentine's Day decor, so I have been searching blogland for an easy craft project. I came across this cute and easy Valentine's Day wreath over at Living With Lindsay on her Tuesday Tutorials. She gives you step by step instructions on how to construct this cute wreath.

Since I am short on decor and the project looked fairly easy I decided to buy the supplies for two wreaths. One smaller and one larger heart-shaped wreath. Cara completed the smaller one and I completed the larger wreath. Erica and Ashlin tried to help Cara with the smaller wreath, but Ashlin thought the project was too hard and Erica lost interest.


Cara's smaller wreath. She used a calico small heart printed fabric.

I added the heart ribbon as a hanger and hung the wreath on our front door.

My completed larger heart wreath. I used a darker red fabric that had small black crinkle lines running through it. I bought all of our supplies at Hobby Lobby.


I hung my larger heart wreath above the mantel.


A closer up look at the larger wreath.
Next, I am working on another Valentine's Day project to add some more decor to the mantel for this holiday. Hopefully, this project will not take me too long and I will be able to share pictures in a few days.

Take care,
Michelle




9 comments:

  1. I love the heart wreath!!!!! I need one. We're so close to Mardi Gras, though, this year. I'll be hanging my crawfish wreath soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- those turned out beautiful!!!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreaths turned out fabulous! I am hoping to get mine done by Valentine's Day 2011! I may have to work on it the next time we roadtrip your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so nice, I just made one with the girls the other night too, I'll have to post a pic of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wreath. Love your name and blog... first time here... just stopping over from Carin's.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this wreath it is so cute. This reminded me that I really need to hang my Valentine's wreath on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wreaths turned out so cute!! I could use a little valentine cheer in my house:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made one of those last year! I love it...I just put it on the front door today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOO CUTE! I made one this year too! I used cupcake liners... I got the idea from Tatertots and Jello's blog.

    And love your blog! It's my first time here... stopped over from Kim, @pairslices. :)

    Here's a link to my wreath if you'd like to see...

    http://sunshineandsabbath.blogspot.com/2010/01/latest-creative-moments.html

    ReplyDelete