Usually we spend New Year's Eve at home as a family or we go to a friend's home and play cards and games. We have no desire to be out with the drunks and staying up until midnight isn't as easy to do as it used to be, plus many years Keith is on call. But, this year we decided to go out to dinner and then over to a friend's home for games and cards. One of the neighbor's boys was kind and came over to watch our four children. Keith and I headed out to a local restaurant to eat and meet friends. I thought we were a party of ten, but when we arrived our group had turned into a party of fourteen. The more the merrier! The food was good and many laughs and jokes were shared. Everyone was commenting and complaining about the awful weather that we have been experiencing in Nebraska. We all agreed that this Christmas will not be one forgotten for a long time and everyone was headed this last weekend to celebrate another Christmas that had to be postponed due to the weather.
After dinner we went to Scott and Nicole's house, which just happens to be two houses from our home. We parked in our garage and then just walked over. First we played Scene It from the '80s with the men and women each winning one game and then we moved on to cards. We rang in the New Year with toasts, cheers, and hugs. We arrived home at 1:44 a.m. to find Cara and Erica still awake. They had rung in the New Year with Hunter the sitter. When we left the house we said that they could stay up and ring in the New Year, but we never thought they could stay up so late. Erica then told us that she wasn't tired or ready for bed yet. What a character. Everyone slept late the next morning.
I'm sorry to say that I forgot my camera for the evening. I know huge party foul, but some things are better remembered in your mind than on film. We had a great evening!
I have been working on my New Year's resolutions this week, but I think I will call them goals instead.
1. I will continue on with my weight loss and hopefully reach my goal. Keith commented on New Year's Eve how both of us have lost weight and how much better we both look.
2. I want to continue to exercise every day or every other day. Exercise gives me more energy and I just feel better as a person. Exercise has become almost an addiction in the last few months. I definitely want this to continue.
3. I will continue to eat better. More fruits and vegetables and less sweets and salts. I still have my sweet tooth, but I can satisfy this in moderation, not indulgence.
4. I will drink more water and hot green tea and less diet soda and juice. Our children also need to drink more water. This we will work on together.
5. I will do more activities with my children one-on-one.
6. I will continue to blog. I have met some amazing people through blogging and I thank them for allowing me to see inside their lives and get to know them through words and pictures. I have never met them in person (except for Jodee), but I feel like I know each one of them on a personal level.
7. I will be in at least one picture per week. I have seen this challenge on more than one blog and I am going to do it this year.
8. I am going to have more patience with my family this year. This goal will be my hardest to keep because I lack greatly in the patience department.
9. I will laugh more at myself and life.
10. I will smile more.
I am sure that I left out some important goals, but for now this list will do.