Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

Today is a snow day for us! First we were going to have a 2-hour late start and then it was changed to school cancelled for today. My kids were so excited because we don't get a snow day very often because 90% of the students live in the city limits. The snow started Saturday and hasn't stopped yet. Last night on the 10 o'clock news they said that we had 5 inches and it was still coming down. Overnight we added a few more inches and it is still coming down this afternoon. The next problem is that the wind is supposed to pick up this afternoon and into the overnight hours which will cause drifting and maybe no school tomorrow. If this happens my kids will start to go stir crazy! Following are a few photos from yesterday afternoon and this morning of the snow.

Erica and Cara ventured outside to scoop the driveway and then play in the snow.

I've fallen and I can't get up! Please help!

The snow is piling up on the deck.


Justin is getting very concerned about the snow piling up on his swings and his slide.

Although I was all ready to go to school today after the weekend, a snow day once in awhile is okay. I have been catching up on reading the blogs of others in between laundry and refereeing the kids' fights.

Take care,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I am sure it was nice to have one more day before heading back. I couldn't keep my kids inside yesterday but I couldn't beleiev how cold it was today and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete