Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Class Christmas Parties

I was going to spend part of my Christmas vacation from school catching up on blogging (both posting and reading), but simply put "I failed". I did read other bloggers' posts from time to time, but as you can tell I did not post. I just wanted to be on vacation and I was, but today I go back to school for a teacher in service. Three hours of a religious in service on the ten Egyptian plagues. We even had homework that had to be completed before this morning. Naturally I didn't start on mine until last night, but it was only 10 questions. Anyway, I will complete these Christmas posts and move on into the New Year this week.

The last day of classes at school is pretty much just one big party, no real learning is accomplished. The students as a group sang Christmas carols in the morning. Games were played in the classrooms and Christmas movies were watched. Ashlin's class had their class party at lunch time. No hot lunch is served on the last day, so, the class party food was lunch. The class had turkey sandwiches, juice pouches, fruit and vegetables and cookies. Erica and Cara's classes both ordered personal pan pizzas from Pizza Hut and each student brought a drink.
Then towards the end of the school day each classroom had a party of games and treats put on by the room parents. This is my first year to not be a room parent for at least one child's class and to honest "I missed it". I never thought I would say that phrase. I missed attending the parties and playing the games. But, this year I was working in the preschool room where we were having our own party. Sorry no preschool photos from the party, some parents are VERY concerned about privacy and I will not go against their wishes. In the preschool room, the students made a foam Christmas ornament, played holiday bingo, sang songs for the parents, ate treats and received goody bags. I gave each afternoon preschool student a puzzle, a holiday pencil and a bag of candy. In return I received many nice gifts from the students. I look forward to seeing their smiling faces tomorrow on their first day back from break.

Take care,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment