Monday, January 17, 2011

Family Movie Night

I really wish that this post had photos or even a video, but sorry there aren't any photos or video. Saturday night we went to the movie "Yogi Bear" as a family. We have never done this before (as a whole family). This was Justin's first time to go to the movie theater. I warned Keith before we went that it was going to be very expensive and suggested the matinee to save us a few dollars. But, Daddy said that we should go at night so that they get the full effect. Usually we just wait until the movie comes out on DVD and then rent the movie for $1 from Redbox. The person that came up with the whole Redbox idea is a genius!

We went to the 6:35 p.m. showing. I soooo wish I could have videotaped Justin's facial expressions and comments to the whole experience since it was his first trip to the movies, but I didn't think the photos would turn out in the theater. Justin loved the theater popcorn and candy. When the previews started, he told Daddy "Wow, that is a BIG TV, Dad!". He laughed out loud and made comments throughout the entire movie and previews. Sometimes I caught myself watching him instead of the movie because he was having such a good time. We all enjoyed the movie very much!!!

Movie tickets for 2 adults and 4 children - $39.00
Snacks at the concession stand - $24.50
Less Keith's gift certificate from the NPPD Xmas party - ($25.00)
Total damage - $38.50
Look on Justin's face through the movie - PRICELESS

Take care,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it ridiculous how much it costs!!!!! I found awesome deals in KC.....$5 movies with free popcorn if you brought your own bowl on certain nights. Nothing like that here in California. (of course)

    Glad yall had fun! Family movies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sure he was adorable. I still remember taking my kids to the movies for the first time. Mason was a little too young and we had to leave, Alyssa feel asleep :). Still fun to look back on though!

    ReplyDelete