Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is it Spring yet?

I am just like a kid sitting in the back of the mini-van on a long trip asking "Are we there yet?". But seriously, is it Spring yet? When you have 10 inches of snow on the ground and the forecast is for more snow, wind gusts of over 25 miles per hour, and the temperature is in the single digits without factoring in the wind chill, you really wish for Spring to come early and soon around here!


I came across this quote the other day by Percy Bysshe Shelley, "If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?". First I laughed about it because the weather was just awful outside and then it made me realize that Spring is indeed going to come just NOT as soon as I would like it to arrive.

Everywhere I go everyone is talking about the weather and how they are praying for an early Spring. Yesterday morning as Justin and I were walking across the icy parking lot at the YMCA another gentleman and I started talking about the icy conditions, the freezing cold temperatures and how we both wished Spring would come. The gentleman laughed then and said, "but it is only January". That statement means that we have another two whole months of official winter, but in Nebraska you could still have snow in April.

This really makes me question why on Earth do I live in this part of the country! I also am now disliking my husband because the money for a warm winter vacation is going to be spent on his numerous trips to the dentist so that he can eat instead of us going South of the border for a few days rest. All right, my venting is over!

Take care,

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I completely feel your pain! This weather sucks and it has me in such a funk! If Cory doesn't book our trip soon, I am going to need depression medicine! Seriously, I need something to look forward to! We are taking the kids to Omaha for the night in February but a trip to The Amazing Pizza Machine and swimming at a Hampton doesn't quite cut it!

    ReplyDelete