Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gymnastics Parents' Night

Erica decided to not take dance this year. We didn't fight with her about it because it was her choice. But, the rule at our house is that you must be involved in a physical activity. As a result, Erica decided to give gymnastics a try. This really surprised us because she cannot do a cartwheel, but she wanted to give it a try. Her first eight weeks of classes are over and tonight she starts her next session of gymnastics. She really enjoys the class and has a lot of fun. I'm not sure if gymnastics is for her, but she is trying her hardest and that is all that we ask her to do.

The instructor told the class to hold this bridge while reciting the alphabet. If they fell, they had to start the alphabet over.
Erica walking the balance beam. Her good friend, Charley, is in the blue in front of her. I was impressed with her balance.

Justin watching Erica climb the rope. It was very hard for Ashlin and Justin to watch Erica while sitting on the side. They wanted to run and play on the mats and equipment.

Take care,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Watching my girl do gymnastics served to remind me that I can't do those things any more. I think they bend in odd ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Erica is having loads of fun in gymnastics. I love the first picture!

    ReplyDelete