Monday, June 21, 2010

Big News!!!

I have BIG news to share with all of you!!!

This photo was taken last August on the first day of school for Cara and Erica. This August when school starts for my three girls, I will be going back to work at their school. The man in the photo is Mr. Berryman, the grade school principal, and he is my new boss. I am going to be working as the afternoon preschool aide. I will be working 20 hours per work at the school.

There were 10 applicants for the job and they interviewed 4 of them. After not having a job interview for 11 plus years, I was a little nervous. I wasn't even sure that my interview was really that good. It was hard to be interviewed by someone that I know and that knows me so well. Mr. Berryman called me Friday afternoon and offered me the job and I accepted on the spot.

I am so excited to be going back to work!!! After spending the last 5 1/2 years at home, it is time for me to go back. This job is perfect for me. These are some of the qualities that made this job so attractive to me: only 20 hours per week, still be available for my kids before and after school, have every day off that my kids do, and I get my summers off like they do. Yes, Justin will have to go to daycare, but it will be good for him. The last five years have flown by at home and it had ups and downs along the way, but I am ready for this new challenge!

Take care,

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Whooo hooo! That is soooo exciting! This position will be perfect for you! For a minute, I thought you were pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay ! Congrats! That will be awesome for you! And I must agree with Jodee - That when you said "Big News" I had a little thought that you were going to say you were pregnant! hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Michelle! That is awesome. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. This sounds like a wonderful job opportunity!

    ReplyDelete