Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

On this special day for all mothers, I wanted to share this poem that I received from Erica.  She had copied this poem onto a piece of paper and wrote in her best penmanship.

God's Masterpiece is Mothers
by:  Herbert Farnham

God took pieces of everything wonderful to make moms.

God took the fragrance of a flower . . .
The majesty of a tree . . .
The gentleness of morning dew . . .
The calm of a quiet sea . . .
The beauty of the twilight hour . . .
The soul of a starry night . . .
The laughter of a rippling brook . . .
The grace of a bird in flight . . .
Then God fashioned from these things
A creation like no other,
And when his masterpiece was through
He called it simply - Mother

When I read this poem given to me as a gift, I thought it was wonderful!

Take care,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous gift! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete