Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Husker Volleyball

Last Saturday Cara and Erica were invited by our next door neighbor, Alice, to attend the University of Nebraska Volleyball team scrimmage held at Wayne State College. The Wayne State volleyball team held a fundamental/skill camp in the morning and then the Nebraska volleyball team held a scrimmage in the afternoon. The girls had a fabulous time. I let Cara take my camera along to get some pictures of the day.

The group of girls and one boy listening at the fundamental/skill camp in the morning. Cara thought it was strange that only one boy participated.

Erica listening on how to bump the ball from Nicole. This Wayne State player happens to be an alumni of the catholic school that the girls attend.

Cara practicing setting the volleyball.

The volleyball scrimmage.

The Nebraska Head Volleyball Coach John Cook was wearing a microphone during the scrimmage. Cara said that he would explain rules of the game and techniques during the scrimmage between plays.

The girls had a great day! After the scrimmage the kids could get autographs from the players of both teams. Thanks Alice for taking the girls!

On a side note, today is my 100th post! I cannot believe it! When I started blogging last fall, this post seemed a long time away, but it crept up on me. I was going to do a giveaway, but I haven't found just the right item yet. That will come at a later date!

Take care,

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I love that she took pictures. Looks like a great day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day for the girls. Happy 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the girls had a great day. How sweet of Alice to take them!

    Congrats on your 100th post! So glad you joined the crazy world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete