Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Our New 2012 Chevy Traverse LT

 Saturday morning Erica, Ashlin, and Justin headed off to the farm to spend the day with Grandpa and Grandma Korth, Cara decided to stay home by herself and hang out, and Keith and I left in our 2007 Buick Terraza Van to look at new vehicles.  The title for the van was in my purse with the intention of coming home with a different vehicle.  Our first and only stop was at Sid Dillon's in Fremont. 
 We had done no prior looking at vehicles.  I did not want another van and I did not want some large gas-hog vehicle like a Suburban (that is all I knew).  Keith wanted to look at a Tahoe, which could maybe pull the boat, but after one comment by the salesman about the 3rd row seating, that choice was ruled out.  We told the salesman that we needed to seat 6 people and went from there.  He immediately asked if we were buying new or used.  Keith replied that we would only consider used if it had low miles and was one to two years old.  It didn't take long to rule out used as a consideration.
The salesman showed us this Chevrolet Traverse LT and we went for a test drive.  He did ask what color we wanted to drive and our choices were black, charcoal grey or ice grey.  Keith ruled out black and he brought to the front this ice grey one.  Keith and I each test drove this vehicle while they worked up the trade in value of the van.  When we returned to the dealership, they had numbers ready and about an hour later we left with this new 2012 vehicle.

While eating lunch afterwards, I told Keith this is the first new vehicle I have had in my lifetime.  I've always drove used vehicles.  It was a great and exciting feeling to leave the car dealership with a vehicle that only had 22 miles on the odometer.

Take care,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! What a fabulous new ride! I love, love, love Traverses! It looks like you are driving on Black Friday now! When are you coming?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great new vehichle. Congratulations! I still haven't had a new car, it will come one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo -- so exciting and fun to have a brand new car. What time will you and Jodee be picking me up for Black Friday? :)

    ReplyDelete