Monday, August 17, 2015

First Day of School

The kids and I went back to school last Thursday!  I'm not sure if any of us were ready for summer to end, but it did.  We are actually almost a week ahead of when we usually start, but there had to be a few changes made to the school calendar for the year.
Cara had early morning volleyball conditioning every day last week.  She had to be in the gym at 6:15 a.m. on the first day of school and she refused to have her photo taken before leaving.  I snapped this as she was getting out of the car to head into the gym.
 These three had their photo taken before leaving for school though.  Erica and Cara don't start wearing uniforms until Monday.
 Justin was very excited when he found out that Mrs. Pfeifer was his 2nd Grade teacher.  She used to live two houses down the street from us!  Ashlin did tell him that if he screwed up and called her "Nicole" that they would make him pack up his stuff and move him next door to Mrs. Johnson's room to be straightened out.
 Ashlin has Ms. Fintowski for 5th Grade.  Ms. Fintowski was super excited to have Ashlin in her room.  She also taught Erica in 5th Grade.
On the first day, school was only in session for a 1/2 day.  I made them all four pose for a photo when they got home from school.  This year we have two kids in each building - Cara-Freshman, Erica-7th Grade, Ashlin-5th Grade and Justin 2nd Grade.  I started my 6th year at Norfolk Catholic Elementary.

Yes, I did say that Cara is a Freshman and that Erica went off to Junior High.  Cara is gearing up for high school volleyball and Homecoming is right around the corner.

Here's to a GREAT school year,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Exciting times at your house! Good luck kids at school! Starting on Wednesday here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The start of the year is always exciting. I don't start until this Thursday so I am savoring the last bits of summer vacation. I hope everyone has a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everyone had a great first day back to school! I have a feeling this year is going to fly right by! UGH!

    ReplyDelete