Monday, July 14, 2014

2014 Fair Recap

The fair ended yesterday; therefore, all our entries had to come home yesterday.  Today is for putting everything away and recapping what we earned. 
 
The girls had a great 4-H year at the fair.  Cara took 23 4-H entries to the fair.  She received 12-purples, 10-blues and 1 red earning $68.50 and three things are going to the state fair.  Erica took 17 4-H entries to the fair.  Erica received 12-purples and 5-blues earning $51.00 and has one thing going to the state fair.  Ashlin in her first year in 4-H took 19 entries.  She received 16-purples and 3-blues earning $57.00. I am so proud of all their hard work!  They also took a few entries to open class of extra baked goods.
 
 In open class, I took 37 entries and received 9-blue ribbons, 19-red ribbons and 8-white ribbons and earned $54.50.  I was pretty balanced with both baking entries and flower entries.  Cara asked me why I don't make as much money as they do yet I take more entries.  The answer is that 4-H pays out a higher premium than open class does.  Pictured above is my lemon chiffon cake that received a blue ribbon.  First time I had ever baked one.  I might try it again.  I will not be baking for awhile since the freezer is loaded with fair entries.
I also received two best in class prizes.  I received best jam for a jar a strawberry jam and best salsa.  These were my prizes - two buffet servers.

The kids and I went one night to the rodeo and it was a good time.  As a family we attended both nights of concerts.  On Saturday night we saw Brett Eldredge and Billy Currington and on Sunday night we saw Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers and Josh Turner.  Both nights of concerts were very good. 

We'll take a break now and enjoy some more summer!

Take care,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment