Wednesday, August 15, 2018

First Day of the Last Year

     Today was Cara's "First Day of the Last Year".  I am still trying to figure out how the all those years flew by.  She started going to Norfolk Catholic when she turned 4 years old with two years of preschool.  Today she started her 15th year at Norfolk Catholic.  That means that I have washed a lot of school uniforms!  I remember saying when the kids were all little, "If only I can get them all to Kindergarten" and today I sent the first one off for her "first day of the last year".  This morning after dropping Justin off at the grade school I drove by the senior parking lot and that's when it really hit me that Cara is a senior and this is the last year for her.  I had to blink a few times on my way to work.  Cara will have many "lasts" to experience and celebrate this school year.

      The kids know the drill on the first day - Be ready to go early because the mandatory "1st Day of School" photo is at 7:30 am.  This year the photo has: Cara - Senior, Erica - Sophomore, Ashlin - 8th Grade and Justin - 5th Grade.  

     On Monday night, Keith and I took Justin to "Meet the Teacher Night".  Justin's 5th Grade teacher is Mrs. Heather Olmer.  This is Mrs. Olmer's first year teaching at Norfolk Catholic, but she is not new to the school.  Her oldest son, Gavin, was in Cara's class for a few years before transferring schools last year.  Mrs. Olmer is very excited for the school year.  Justin came home today and said that Mrs. Olmer seemed pretty cool and he thought it would be a good year.

     I decided over the summer to bring the blog back for Cara's Senior Year.  I have some ideas on what it may contain - last day countdown, flashbacks, memories, activities, photos, recipes, guest blogger, etc.  Then after graduation, I will print it and she will have it to look back on.

     This school year is going to fly by.  Keith and I are the parents of a senior and that means extra duties and activities at Norfolk Catholic.  It will be busy, but it will also be tons of fun!

Take care,
Michelle 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment